Monday, October 29, 2007

Bring on the duck boats

It's a good world series when my biggest disappointment is that we didn't get to watch it snow in Coors field during a game.

As tribute to one of the few men to win a championship for the Red Sox in the last century, and who will likely soon be our ex-center fielder, I offer this exerpt from Fox's 'sounds of the game'

CLAYTON: Wait, wait. You say that if somebody steals a base in the World Series...
COCO: Yeah, only one, though - the first stolen base - Taco Bell will give one taco to everybody in America.
CLAYTON: Everybody what?
COCO: In America.
CLAYTON: That day?
COCO: I don't know, it doesn't say.
CLAYTON: What the hell you talking about, it's gotta be that day.
COCO: But there are only like two more hours left in the day.
CLAYTON: So what? That's what the deal has to be. How you gonna come in and say 'I ain't got my taco'? You could go to every Taco Bell in the world and say that. 'I ain't got my taco.' How they gonna know?


Thanks for everything, Coco. A year later my wife still can't believe that's your real name, even after several dozen conversations on the topic.

No comments: