Tuesday, October 31, 2006

In case you can't decide who to root for

Because I don't spend enough time following the NBA as it is, I've taken the dangerous plunge of joining a 16-team fantasy league with a bunch of basketball obsessives who know a hell of a lot more than me. Since you're all dying of curiosity, this is my opening night roster, in the order they were drafted:

1: LeBron James (SF) Cle
32: Kirk Hinrich (PG, SG) Chi
33: Carlos Boozer (PF, C) Uta
64: Manu Ginobili (SG) Sas
65: Andrew Bogut (PF, C) Mil
96: Mike Miller (SG, SF) Mem
97: T.J. Ford (PG) Tor
128: Jamal Crawford (SG) NyK
129: Mike Dunleavey (SF) GSt
160: Brevin Knight (PG,SG) Cha
161: Jeff Foster (PF,C) Ind

My rookie middle-round draft strategy was, when picking among roughly equal players, to favor those eligible for multiple positions so I have a lot of flexibility from night to night to start the most productive players playing.

Rejected team names: 'LeBron and the white boys', 'LeBron and his honkies', 'Greg Kite's pickup squad'; Current team name: 'We demand a recount!' in anticipation of a rough season.

No comments: