Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A timberwolves fan on the Blount - Kandi deal

Aaron Gleeman looks at a possible deal for Blount and says

from a purely on-court standpoint swapping Olowokandi for Blount is a home run. While Olowokandi is a much better rebounder, Blount is a significantly more efficient scorer and a much better all-around player. However, from a team-building standpoint, it would be yet another example of the team clogging up the roster with a mediocrity who takes up far too much cap room.


This is the sort of thing I might have found myself writing a year and a half ago. Wait, I think I did. Right about when the Celtics resigned Blount to his current contract. Now that we have the chance to dump him for an expiring I contract I write: please, sir, may I have some more?

Of course, thanks to Garnett's massive salary and the long-term money being paid to the likes of Wally Szczerbiak, Marko Jaric, Hudson, Hassell, and Madsen, the Wolves weren't going to have much cap room to play around with anyway. That means that upgrading from Olowokandi to Blount is probably worth the ridiculous cost, although it also likely means that it won't matter much in the grand scheme of things.


I can't remember if resignation is one of the seven of grieving, but if Gleeman is on my timeline he may be ready for the TWolves to trade Garnett by the middle of next season. And people have been making fun of Isiah for hoarding all those expiring contracts on the Knicks roster.

No comments: