Tuesday, February 14, 2006

About that Doc Rivers column . . .

From Bill Simmons' Super Bowl diary:

8:06 -- To put the Sprint Super Bowl halftime show in perspective, the Rolling Stones are all about 8-10 years older than my dad, who was excited two weeks ago because the Celtics finally traded "Ricky Pierce."

(By the way, the second song is something called "Rough Justice." When bands play the requisite song from their new album that nobody likes in these mini-concerts, it is like me writing a 3,000 word column on Doc Rivers for ESPN.com -- in other words, they have to do it to keep the record company happy, and I have to do it to keep everyone from Boston happy, but the end result is that 95 percent of the fans are ticked off. Uh-oh, I think Keith Richards' catheter just came out. Run for your lives!)
And, yes, I'm only getting around to reading it now.

No comments: