Tuesday, February 14, 2006

King's Things

Peter King's take on Mike Tannenbaum.  He makes the same point Borges was trying to make, only reasonably.  Or with less venom.  Take your pick.
I really like Mike Tannenbaum. Good guy, smart guy. Excellent football people say he's a great person to have in the organization. But he's not a scout. I want to withhold judgment on what I think of the Jets' hierarchy until I see who ends up as the big wheel in the scouting and personnel area. From what I hear, they're not done there. What I think is dangerous -- not fatal, but dangerous -- is a young, first-time head coach and a first-time GM, also young, with a bloated salary cap, and major offensive problems at quarterback, running back and the offensive line. And the Jets have a cadre of people left in scouting who are loyal to the outgoing GM. That's not a recipe for success in the National Football League.

No comments: